Today, September 29th, is the incomparable Diana Vreeland's 111th Birthday.
She is a constant source of inspiration for us, We admire her for always dreaming and continuing to gain inspiration from the world around her, and above all always being unique and extraordinary.
Here are a few of our favorite quotes from her column “Why dont you….?”:
- “Why don't you…Rinse your blond child's hair in dead champagne to keep it gold, as they do in France?”
- “wear violet velvet mittens with everything?”
- “Why don't you…Find one dress that you like and have it copied many times? You will be much more successful than if you try to produce the same effects each evening.”
- “Why Don't You…Have your bed made in China—the most beautiful bed imaginable, the head board and spread of yellow satin embroidered in butterflies, alighting and flying, in every size and in exquisite colors?”
- “Why don't you…give a length of exquisite brocade–enough for an evening envelope, to bind a favorite book, or make a little jacket?”
- “Why don't you…tie an enormous bunch of silver balloons on the foot of your child's bed on Christmas Eve?”
& here is a look into her beautiful life:
(images via tumblr.com)